SWCA Environmental Consultants has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Archaeologist / Principal Investigator to be located in either Houston, TX or Baton Rouge, LA. The Senior Archaeologist / Principal Investigator will be responsible for managing projects, mentoring staff, and upholding our company's standards of excellence. The selected candidate will report to the either the Houston or Baton Rouge / Cultural Resources Program Director as well as working with a larger cultural resource team across the Texas/Gulf Coast region. This is a regular, full-time salaried position.
• Serve as the primary author on large technical reports, research designs, treatment plans, and other technical documents;
• Contribute to a supportive and dynamic work environment, collaborating effectively with other Principal Investigators, Project Managers, Directors in the Houston/Baton Rouge offices and in all offices throughout the Texas/Gulf Coast Region and company;
• Conduct content edits of technical reports and site forms; • Oversee technical aspects of field research, data collection, inventory, analysis, and final report production;
• Supervise, mentor, and support field staff in all aspects of their responsibilities;
• Contribute to business development efforts in the Houston/Baton Rouge market; including managing budgets and preparing proposals;
• Enhance SWCA's professional reputation and relationships with clients, stakeholders, and local/state/federal agencies;
• Take initiative, resolve problems to ensure tasks are completed in the most efficient manner.
• Coordinate personnel and other resources within budgetary constraints
• Minimum of a Master's Degree in archaeology, history, architectural history, or a related field.
• Meets the Secretary of the Interior's Professional Qualifications Standards in professional archaeology.
• Minimum of five (5) years of consulting experience conducting cultural resource technical work.
• Possess advanced skills and knowledge in one or more specialty scientific areas (e.g., lithic, ceramic, or faunal analysis; osteology; historical archaeology).
• Prior primary report authorship in a CRM context for a variety of project types and sizes, regions, and agencies.
• Previous leadership experience, overseeing large crews and/or multiple crews on a variety of project types and sizes, regions, and agencies. • Has conducted marketing, business development, client management, and large proposal efforts.
• Experience scheduling and budgeting of projects related to cultural resources.
• Experience with implementing CWA Section 404 and NHPA Section 106 permitting required, and experience with NEPA permitting processes preferred.
• This position is not available for US work sponsorship
• Relocation benefits are available for this position SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full-spectrum of environmental services.
With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record's Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email [email protected] or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/wrcyqpgyrpvh2bm5
Copyright © 2022 American Association of Biological Anthropologists.
Site programming and administration: Ed Hagen, Department of Anthropology, Washington State University